- Gives relief to caregivers.
- Allows caregivers to work knowing their loved ones are safe and attended to.
With the average in-home sitter agencies charging $16 per hour, BLADC is a much more cost effective alternative with rates of $48 per day or $30 per half day. Other payment options are Medicaid, VA, and most Private Insurance with Long Term Care as part of its policy. Independent research indicates that Adult Day Services are approximately ½ the cost of Assisted living or Home Health and ¼ the cost of Nursing Home Care. (See Genworth’s comparison of costs for Mississippi and across the nation.)
- Alternative to spending time home alone
- Engaging — clients are encouraged to step outside of their comfort zone to stimulate cognitive and physical activity. Even clients that do not directly participate in activities are still benefited from just being an observer.
- Social interaction that you don’t get from an in-home sitter
- Being stimulated in a social environment has been proven to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Remain active
- Remain a part of the community
- Delay or prevent institutional living allowing people to continue living at home and with family
- Reduced risk of being readmitted to a hospital after the initial discharge
- Increased Independent Living
- Reduced depression